CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

This year we got up really early and went to Morrilton. We went to Sacred Heart for Mass. I didn't want to go and announced it in church that I was Jesus from Heaven and I just wanted to go feed the catfish at Papa's. Mom told me to be quiet and quit pouting in church or there would be no riding or fishing. Sometimes she can be so mean. Can you believe she said that to me after the wonderful card I colored her and how I woke up yelling "Happy Mother's Day Mommy"? When we got back to Papa's daddy had to take me outside for an "attitude adjustment". Papa, Daddy, and me cooked steaks for Noni and Mom. I just couldn't understand why daddy wouldn't let me buy a plant for Papa. He told me that I could on Father's Day. I kept trying to give everyone else's gift plants to Papa. That was funny. After my nap we stopped by Bep-Beps for a few minutes so I could run around her stairs. I pronounce it "stair a's". Then it was off to Meme and PawPaw's to play with the boys. I teased Aunt Mandy a lot and wouldn't give her kisses!! That is our special game. The boys gave me their old skateboard and I love love love it! That was so nice of them. MeMe is going to buy me somemore Woo-hoo's. I was sad to leave but Daddy said we needed to get home to watch the Sopranos. But, we had to get Rudy at Noni's house and ride grizzly and color with chalk on the sidewalk. It sure was a fun day. Me and Mom snuggled up in bed when we got home and she read me a letter that she wrote me before she had to go back to work after maternity leave was over. She reads me this letter every Mother's Day. I'll put it on here for you to read too. She loves me so very much.

February 28, 2004

Dear Luke:
Today is the saddest day of my life. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am so blessed to be chosen as your Mommy. Today my heart breaks because tomorrow I have to leave you while I go back to work. I fear that one day you will not understand why I have to do this. I fear that one day you will think that I'd rather work than play with you. I'd rather eat dead bugs than leave you- but right now I have no choice. JD's Mom, Summer, called me to tell me that she was praying for me and that it would be okay. I know that it will work out and we'll both get used to this. You deserve the best of care and that is something that only I will be able to give. Taterbug- I will be missing you every second that we are apart. I will be praying that God will give us an opportunity for me to stay at home with you when the time is right. You are my heart.
Love-
Mommy

0 comments: