CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sometimes the precious things I say

make up for the naughty ones! Today, Mom and I were in the pool and I looked around and said, "Mom I need to tell you somethings". These are the somethings that I told her.

*Look at this beautiful house - we are so lucky to live here cause some kids, pets, and parents don't have homes.

* Look at our pool how nice it is even with the bird poop stains it is still fun to play with.

*Look at our dog - he's the best dog in the world and he's lucky to have us for his family.

* We have Aniston and she is getting out of your tummy real soon-- I said this really loud cause I was so excited. We are having us a baby of our very own that gets to live in this house with us cause we are a family. God blessed us with a baby sister isn't that great?

* We have all of these neighbors to talk to when we see them outside in the Summer.

* We have our church family and our church school that I love and you love it and so does Daddy.

* We have your truck Mommy and Daddy has a truck so he can go to work that is something I'm real glad for.

* We have Jesus and we get to talk to him and he is always with us.

* We get to have hamburgers for dinner tonight, isn't that great.

Mommy and I were on our rafts in the pool when this conversation took place and she told me she'd never ever forget this talk we had. I asked her why and she told me I wouldn't understand this because I wasn't old enough (well I think I am) but it told her that she and Daddy were obviously doing something right because I was thankful and could look around and feel blessed for all the things that I had. She also said that I was able to recognize we are a very fortunate family and many people don't have what we have. Most of all, I recognize that Jesus is a very important man in my life! I had to tell Mom not to cry because her eyes were all wet.

So, Daddy, when you read this.... and when you start to think that maybe Mommy isn't teaching me my letters or to read fast enough just remember she's at home with me every day teaching me the "really important" things in life. I'm only 4 but I'm one thankful little boy who recognizes his blessings no matter how simple!

0 comments: