CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NONI AND PAPA




I was happy yesterday when Mommy told me that it was almost Noni and Papa's birthday. I wanted to know where their party was. Mom told me it was at our house. I worked on their cards last night for 2 hours. They were quite the creation. I taped and glued them all up and I mean all up. They couldn't even open them!! I colored and wrote my name in them too. When I woke up this morning I asked Mom if I could work on them a little more. She let me of course. I wanted them to be perfect. Yesterday when I got out of school Mom told me that we got them a Strawberry Ice Cream cake but that it was a secret. Of course, when Papa came to work on my grizzly I said, "Guess what we have in our freezer Papa?" He said "what". I said, "An ice cream cake for you and Noni's birthday." He thought that was soooo funny but Mommy really didn't. She just smiled because she couldn't keep a secret as a kid either.
When they got here this morning I couldn't wait to give them their cards. There was no doubt- they thought they were perfect. They had to borrow a tool to get them open - you know the glue and tape complicated things. I smiled and smiled at them but was upset they didn't have presents to open. Mom explained we were taking them out to lunch for their Birthdays. We went to Outback and came back home for the surprise cake. I'm so glad they let us share in their birthdays. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NONI AND PAPA!

1 comments:

Bep-Bep said...

Your cards were the best present ever. Papa told me you told him about the cake - he laughed and so did I. When your Mommy was a little girl she could never keep a secret - she always told.

Love, Bep-Bep