CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 24, 2007

It is Christmas Eve


Luke this is your Mom talking. I have been thinking all afternoon about where I was 4 years. I was in the hospital getting ready to have you!!! I always get a little sad this time of year- thinking of how quickly you are growing up. Daddy drove me to the hospital after talking with Dr. H on the phone. He decided that we just couldn't wait till the day after Christmas it was time to evict you. You were causing me to be way too sick. We went to Noni's house but didn't stay to long since we were told to head to Labor and Delivery. I was so scared when Daddy and I left there. BepBep was there with Noni and Papa and they all told us they would be happy to have a baby on Christmas. Daddy was supposed to be doing the readings in church on Christmas morning but he told BepBep to get someone to cover if she could. The closer we got to the hospital the more I was ready to see your face and find out if you were a boy or a girl.

You were doing fine but I wasn't. So, the doctor induced labor and it was a long night. Well, I asked to see BepBep and Uncle Heaffer and they came back for 5 minutes. Heaffer was scared so he left our room real quick. When Aunt Sandy got there she just made herself at home and walked through the doors and camped out in our room for quite a while. Everyone was showing up but the nurses wouldn't let people back to see me cause I was too sick. Your Daddy was a great labor coach and I know he was starving but he didn't want to leave me. Noni was in the room too and I could tell she was worried. Dr. H was in and out all afternoon and throughout the night. I kept telling him I was sorry and he just laughed- part of the job for him. Finally after a long night he walked in the room at 5:28AM on Christmas Morning and said let's have this kid. People were rushing around, Daddy was putting his scrubs on, Noni was crying, I was happy and scared all at the same time. At 6:00AM Dr. H said, "It's a boy" and the rest is history. That was the best day of my life.
This year Noni and Papa will be here to go to Mass with us and give thanks for all the wonderful gifts we have. They will spend the night at our house. Tomorrow morning you will wake up to discover that Santa Claus came to see you!!

Happy Birthday Taterbug and Merry Christmas!!!!

Love-
Mommy and Daddy

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Taterbug,

Like Mommy, I remember your arrival as if it were yesterday. We just couldn't believe you were arriving on Christmas Day, so we knew that because of that you were likely going to make some kind of dramatic entrance!!!

Love you,

Daddy