CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 10, 2009

7 days from now....

You will be in Kindergarten my how the time has flown by. I have been thinking a lot about how quickly you've grown and while I can't stand it there is nothing I can do about it except remember the days that I've enjoyed so much. I thought I would record a few things so that you can read this later on and say, "I did that?"


You came into the world on a cold Christmas Morning a little over a month early. You were the cutest little guy ever and I was disappointed that you were bald and maybe just a teeny disappointed that you had boy parts- but only for one minute because I was in love with you. You and I hung out at our house on Rupert for 3 months then I went back to work for 5 months before we moved into a bigger house, Dad got a new job, and I retired on my 30th birthday to become a stay at home Mom. We hung out some with your Aunt and cousins and it was a challenge with 3 boys that were all under 5!

Winter came and we snuggled and stayed in our Pj's all day. Great memories that I cherish with you. You tottled around the house after your 1st birthday and began talking. We watched TV and took naps in the afternoon. We enjoyed a wonderful Summer swimming and you had the blondest hair and prettiest blue eyes ever. I loved taking you out and about because you always looked so cute. Your cousins introduced you to playworld and chic fil a.

Winter came and you loved riding the grizzly with papa. Papa and you developed a very special relationship. You discovered time out or actually the "nosey corner" for talking back..... obviously nosey corners do not work on you cause you still talk back. We enjoyed another fun filled Summer of Sun and then it was off to Woodland Height Preschool for 2 year olds. You had some issues separating from me and I had more issues separating from you. We managed to get you through graduation and you made some friends that you still have even though they are girls! You mastered some social skills and better yet recess!

We enjoyed another great Summer and you and I stayed up late at night and slept late in the morning. We'd pick up the house and headed outside to the pool. We also played games and read stories. I usually let you sleep in the bed with me making for a very spoiled little boy- hey I knew the time would fly and so what right? We got ready for school at St.Joe 3 yr old preschool. Much to our surprise you cried every day for the first month- you hated it. You embarassed me at the drop off line and I threatened to bust your butt and you finally stopped with the dramatics.

That school year flew by and you were thrilled at the news of becomming a big brother. You wanted a sister from day one and you got one. You finished 3 yr old preschool and you and I enjoyed a month of very special fun times before she arrived. I could not be more proud of the big brother you are to her and she adores you. So as our special days come to a close I am enjoying watching the interaction between you and your baby sister. I guess I haven't done too bad of a job with you Luke cause you are a great kid! Minus the hemangioma, tubes in your ears and missing adenoids you have been a healthy little boy. You have been a good lil athlete too playing soccer and Tball. We are so very blessed and lucky to have you. You make me laugh every single day. I wish we had 5 more years to hang out at the house together but the time has come for you to head out to get educated. I've loved every day of getting to see you grown and being the one to make your breakfast and lunch. I thank God for the opportunity I have had to be at home with you. Thanks also to Daddy for working hard to give us this time together.

But, what I have loved most is watching you and your sister this Summer. So, one day when you read this and appreciate it you tell Daddy that when he thought Mom wasn't doing anything but laundry, surfing the net, and sending texts she was actually doing a few things that counted!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you so much Taterbug, and echo many of the same comments your Momm made on your blog. Thank you (and God) so much for making us parents. We love you - and AniPoo - so much. Time has flown by too fast....

Love,
Daddy